Sunday, February 26, 2006

An Amazing Gumbo - Mardi Gras Lex

This year's 3rd annual Lexington Mardi Gras parade was an absolute blast. As with all great gumbo, it's all about the ingedients. I love seeing all kinds of people just show-up and the parade figures it's self out. There's not too much planning or organizing or details, leaving lots of room for people to just show-up and have fun. Thanks to Mecca, Action Arts, WRFL, Gumbo Ya Ya, Isle of You, Lex Arts, and others ... really, THANKS!
I'm using one of Mick's killer photos since mine are lame by comparison. Thats Wils on drum, and Michelle (and Charile) in the background with Uncle Scott hiding in the back.
The video is a quick scene of the parade strolling downtown, notice the samba dancers, followed by the drum line, followed by Wils, Scott, Murphy & Evil Bunny (who was that?). If you have any idea who the Evil bunny is, please leave a comment, even if it's only a guess, or to point out a clue that might help someone else solve the mystery. Together we can figure this out.

2 Comments:

Blogger lolliloobedoo said...

I think I know who the bunny is! back when I was a kid, there was this movie on TV. It was CREEPY. This woman got a small statue from some far off place. It had a necklace around it that fell off. When that happened the little statue came to life and chased her around her apartment until it finally "got" her. The final scene was her, squatted down with the stabbing the floor between her legs with a super sharp knife.
I think the Evil Bunny might be her . That thing the bunny was carrying is suspiciously like the statue in the movie.

3/08/2006  
Blogger jaunty said...

I've been holding this info back, but I think I know who the bunny is too---also because of the thing the bunny was carrying. I live in New York, but I've seen that thing before. I didn't see it in New York either. Yep, I'm pretty sure.

There's so many places that thing might live though.

It's curious isn't it?

JT

3/09/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home