Saturday, February 11, 2006

We got snow ...

I think most folks around Lexington were hoping for a little snow. The weather man called for 6" ... I wish. What was it? Maybe 3" before it melted in the afternoon? Anyway, we played a little.

Wils and I both built opposing forts. I announced, "War starts in 5 minutes!". Wils began an obsessed rush to complete a worthy fortress. By contrast, I started packing and hiding snowballs in a large pile behind my fort. Wils remained too focused to notice my strategy, or even get a clue about his fate. The bad angel on my shoulder was telling me how fun it was going to to creme my 7 year old son at a near-range snowball fight. I kept making ammo, Wils kept building a solid fort. He never noticed my tactic, and he never made a snowball, not one.

I called to Wils, and we both walked to the DMZ between our forts. Once again, the thought crossed my mind ... I was going to creme Wils. We shook hands, our pre-battle conversation was brief:

Me: "You think your fort is strong?"
Wils: "Yeah ..."
Me: "Could it protect any one?"
Wils: "Yeah ..."
Me: "Wanna trade forts? ... mine has a suprise in it."
Wils: "Yeah ..."

Nothing like getting cremed by your 7 year old son - armed with an endless supply of snowballs :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The conversation was the first thing I read. My eyes were having an issue, because I read "farts," not "forts." It took some more reading to figure out that Wils did not have a fart strong enough to protect anyone.

2/11/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yrrr a good man, billq. On some level I bet you deserved the creme-ing (perhaps for entertaining violent fantasies towards hungry herons.)

Way to go Wils. Let's hear it for the innocents & a strong defensive posture.

2/11/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home