Monday, April 10, 2006

The boy who cried wolf ...

Last Thursday, Michelle's OB tells her that she's scheduled for induced labor on Tuesday April 11th. She came home, and some serious contrations started to kick in. We spent most of Thursday night getting the kids to Georgetown, packing our bags, counting contractions ... we thought we were going in. Alas, Friday morning came, false alarm #1.

Saturday, I was on my way to get the kids, Michelle calls me, "This time I think it's the real thing". I turn around come back to Lexington, and we continue packing our bags. We called the doctor, described the situation, and he says, "Yep, you better come on in, but no hurry". So, we stop by this new Indian Restaurant near our house ... "Damn it's not open for 25 minutes, we better go on to the hospital".

We get to the hospital, and the doctor determines there is no leakage, and no significant signs of labor. They restricted Michelle to eating ice chips. The doctor tells us we can stay or we can go, but if we stay ... it's gonna be ice chips for dinner. So, we grabbed our stuff, and went to the Indian Restaurant. False alarm#2

And so, here it is Sunday night 11:42pm, and Michelle warns me as she goes to bed, "By the way, the contractions have been back for a few hours, they're strong and 10 minutes apart, but I'm gonna hit the sack". So, I'm packing our bags again, and waiting ... false alarm #3??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Charlie will be a "tax day" baby. Those kids usually turn out pretty good :-)

4/11/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home